- This event has passed.
Insurance Law Webinar – Handling Hurricane & Catastrophe Claims
September 9 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
A Complimentary Insurance Law Section HOT TOPIC Webinar:
“HANDLING HURRICANE AND CATASTROPHE CLAIMS”
Wednesday, September 9 @ 12:00 Noon – 1:00pm
Earn up to 1.0 hour MCLE credit from your own home or office!
About the Webinar: This program includes practical suggestions for handling a first party property insurance claim, as well as ethical issues that can arise. When is it best to file suit, either for payment of an insurance claim or for a declaratory judgment? What are the best ways to negotiate or otherwise communicate with your client and the insurer? Also covered are tips in connection with demand letters, claim denials, and applicable rules of civil procedure.
- Understand Texas and federal laws as they relate to hurricane and storm insurance cases
- Understand the workings of windstorm and flood insurance
- Understanding the role of adjusters and other claim personnel
- Be aware of possible ethical traps in handling insurance claims
- Become more sophisticated in making or responding to demands or offers of payment in connection with insurance policies
- Understand the law and procedures involved in appraisal or hurricane claims.
Presenter: William J. Chriss, Immediate Past Chair, Insurance Law Section, Corpus Christi, Texas
>> Free to attend — advance registration is required!
Can’t make the live event? You may still register — pre-registered individuals that do not attend will receive access to the recorded version 1-2 days afterward. (Only registered attendees are eligible for MCLE credit.)